On My Radar

 Hello classmates, today I'm gonna talk about what's on my cultural radar. 

Firstly, I read an article from "The Guardian" of Mark O'Connells, He was talking about some cultural aspects like Youtube, an music Album, a book, a restaurant, an activity and a film.

In the article, Mark O'Connell is talking about the music album Suntub, by ML Bunch, O´Connell think the album as a VERY good piece. He says the album makes it sound like an absolute must-listen. The way he describes the album as dreamy, and continually revealing new layers definitely piques my interest. It seems like a perfect addition to any music lover’s list, especially for those who enjoy discovering fresh, innovative sounds. I’ll definitely be adding this to my playlist, sounds like an intriguing musical journey that’s worth exploring!

In other hand, Mark O’Connell talks about his experience with the Shakti Mat, describing it as initially uncomfortable and borderline painful, but ultimately "mysteriously relaxing." He finds that after about five minutes, the sensation becomes soothing, and it helps him sleep better, which makes the initial discomfort worthwhile.

As for trying this activity myself, it sounds both intimidating. The idea of lying on a bed of nails definitely gives me a little bit scared, but the promise of deep relaxation and better sleep makes me curious enough to want to give it a try!


By my own cultural Radar, I have these:

Music

 In terms of music, one of my latest discoveries and that has pleasantly surprised me is Clairo's new music album, Charm. In this album, she mixes different styles such as Jazz, Soul, Pop, etc. Among the lyrics of this album we find themes such as romance, sexuality and self-esteem. My favorite tracks from this album are: Sexy to Someone, Thank you, Terrapin, Juna, and Add up my love.


Place

 One of the places I love to go the most is to the open markets, but my favorite is the “Feria los Carolinos”. In this place, you can found some objects, like a lot of beautiful clothes, Antique objects, technological objects and many point where to eat delicious! I have no doubt that it is an unstoppable stop if you visit the commune of "El Bosque".


Film

Over the weekend I was watching several movies on Netflix with my mom, and one of them was "Lolo and the Kid" a story in which a man and his grandson usually scam the rich, but an opportunity that will change their lives could put an end to their inseparable bond. This movie portrays how possible the "Together forever" with this film yes or yes it will make you release even if it is a tear, in my case I could not contain myself!



Artist

One of my favorite Chilean artist of my life is María José Ayarza, also known as “Chini.png”. She is a multifaceted soul, as she is dedicated to various areas of art, such as music, audiovisual and visual arts.

With her band she came to premiere her songs at the famous sessions of the American station KEXP in Seattle. In addition, she won the Pulsar’s award for "best rock artist" 2024.


Short Film

"Go Fishboy" is a captivating short film that blends surrealism with poignant storytelling. The narrative follows a fish-headed boy navigating a world that feels both familiar and strange, touching on themes of identity and belonging. The film's unique visual style, paired with a hauntingly beautiful score, creates an immersive experience that stays with you long after viewing. The creative direction and thought-provoking narrative make it a standout piece that is both visually and emotionally impactful, a must-watch for fans of experimental cinema.




Comentarios

  1. Interesting short film, Nachi. I’ll watch it soon.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Great post. Cool recommendations!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Someday we should go to the feria de los carolinos!!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Oh I love clairo! I love the song juna from his new album charm is very nice melody and lyrics.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

New York Web Quest

An Unforgettable Birthday